Thursday, January 05, 2006

Barperson for a day...

Went to work at 2pm today.First thing when I came in was.....to be a barperson for today. My first reaction was "What?! NooOOoooOOOOooOooooOooOoOOo!!!!" But what to do...The colleague who usually is in charge of the bar is on leave, and it's either me or another colleague who is capable of doing the bar, so they chose me(Why?!?!!?). Obviously the new person who joined us(Eason/Jay/whatever your name was) have not a single tuppence of idea of how to operate the bar, so forget about it.

It wasn't so busy throughout the time Mel was there. Chatted with Mel and Jay/Eason/HY(the bosses gave him pseudonyms so I have no idea which he's using...), until about 4 or 5 something where a customer or 2 came in. I wasn't very organised when doing the orders(since when was I ever organised anyway?). Gave the soup in late, then made the drinks late, because there wasn't any music because there was something wrong with the CD i think. Argh! Freakin' CD!! I changed like...2 CDs but the results are still the same. *groan* I think the machine needs the "Boss-touch" because when he tried the fourth CD, it worked! Grr...

Anyway, yong sui guy came again, ordered something different this time(Oh wah, I'm "impressed"). Huh...sent the food to him. Idiot asked about my work days. Dude....what's so interesting about my work days man??? I just acted sarcastically to him, and left after he paid for his meal. When I showed him the bill he was like "So expensive kah?" It didn't occur to me that I had actually punched the wrong amount!! Crap! It was like....half an hour later then I realised my mistake! Damn, had to go back and apologise. Haihz.

Other than that...after Mel left, the shop started getting abit busy. Not that very busy though. I managed to handle(with mistakes no doubt). But got through it today. It the first time I closed bar by myself, with the guidance of one of the bosses. I have to say, it's not as tiring as being on the outside floor(meaning, the waitressing job itself, you know...serving, taking orders, this n that). But of course being in the bar meaning you have to be fast in whatever you do, if not...the kitchen people would bising about things not getting done and stuff...and I'll be in big trouble.

Helped the cook to throw rubbish today. The second time I when to the "most beautiful place in the world" according to another boss. Whoa! The stench can kill! Urgh! Throw the rubbish and cleaned the bin fast, then head back to the shop. I locked the shutters and left one open because the bosses are still inside checking stuff. Then one of the boss called me..."Hey barperson! You forgot to keep the ice!!" Oh heck! But the other boss did the job. Phew! Tomorrow cannot forget oh...or else.....>_<

After that went home, and now on the computer of course. That's about it. Sleepy now. Tomorrow gotta work again...

3 Comments:

At 6:06 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

What OTHER colleague taht is capable of doing bar!!?
I dunno how to make any drinks save DarkChocolate *lalalala*

Yong sui guuy...HAHAHAHA
I shall make an entry abt these guys..

 
At 8:32 AM , Blogger Robbstar said...

wah so wat's his name actully? eason/jay/hy? or U call him the guy?

wahha teuk lar U after like so long only realised the mistake.. wahhaahhaha

 
At 8:55 PM , Blogger Unknown said...

melcwf: you ARE capable! I've seen it! U told me that you were barperson for a day as well! Me so slow, so blur, cannot do bar lo, sure kelam-kabut wan! LolX =P

robbstar: i dunno, pretty hard to pronounce his name actually, so we gave him aliases. Eventually ending up using Eason instead of Jay...I prefer Jay though, easier to pronounce. Yea, took me damn long to realised the mistake Lolx! =P

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home