Monday, December 19, 2005

It was a hard day

I had wanted to write this earlier on, full with swear words and stuff, but the anger has subsided, so this is gonna be "soft ranting".

It was Friday. I had been warned quite a few times that on Fridays it would be packed so I was ready to be at people's services. Fortunately, during my shift it wasn't packed so I was asked to train as barperson. Okay, I thought. I went in and made some drinks for new customers, and punch the bill. One of the bosses was training me, he taught me how to punch bill, and settle the bill as well. So, I got it the first time and was contented with myself(abit early to be isn't it). Then later, another boss asked me to repeat what I had learned. Halfway, he taught me another method, and I got things mixed up. It basically lead to the same thing, but my brain is kinda slow in registering things. At that point, a customer wanted to settle his bill. The boss asked me to just press one last button, but I forgotten which one because his method confused me. The customer was eye-ing me, and got impatient really fast. He just came up to the bar and said to my boss "Stop screwing her up and get this done with". The boss just punch out the bill, and the customer paid. Before he took his change, he said "this one...difficult to train". I wanted to scream at him. Excuse ME, but I have had a tough time with the machine, and one slight can cause the machine to make that face-twitching, ear-piercing sound! HAH! I would like to see HIM try the machine! I didn't though. My boss was there, and I didn't want to spark off a commotion at the cafe, so I kept silent throughout the ordeal. After that, my boss asked me to continue what I had left off earlier on, but I couldn't take it. I actually went out of the cafe and cried in the loo.

After some time, Mel came and consoled me. Later on Miko came as well. I have to thank the both of them, seriously. I stayed in the toilet pretty long though. I was shredding tissue paper in the toilet with my pen(like stabbing that old man like crazy) in one of the cubicle. Nobody knows though =P Later on, things went like usual in the cafe. I had to drive my car out and into 1 Utama again. The jam outside was subsiding, thank god. The rest are history.

On Saturday, it WAS packed, especially during lunchtime. Yi-Lin joined me later during break, and I came back a bit late. The fish and chips at Fish and Co was a big portion and it took quite some time to come. By the time I dig into my food, I had only 8 minutes left. Oops...
Creeping into the evening, the number of customers subsided, and eventually I can mop the floor. Sometimes, when it's time to mop the floor, a customer comes in, and my work is disturbed. Sometimes, the customers(just that one table) won't leave for hours! There was once when a family(I assumed) came in(3 ladies and a man) sat and chat and discused about something for 2 and a half hours! And I was waiting that long as well to mop the floor. Lolx.
Back to Saturday...the evening there was not many customers, but there was one particular grumpy old man. When I asked him about the food, he said "Ahh..later. *gesturing for me to go away* I have ate here before, so I know" . I was about to leave, then he told me that the prawns are abit not fresh. I offered to change them for him, but he decline. Went off to tell the barperson, and then offered to fry another 2 prawns for the customer. The customer was like "Up to you la". He doesn't seem to bother about anything! Argh! >_< After the prawns came, he was pretty contented with them. Phew.... Went to wash the dishes, then leave at 6pm.

5 Comments:

At 7:25 AM , Blogger - Michelle - said...

o... poor lil girl...u must have been through many tough chores over there..but isnt it an experience to ya? well at least u learn something!! ^_^ be strong~!

i was actually thinking to work some where there as well...hmm but rite now i think i'll have to reconsider it~

 
At 5:13 PM , Blogger Unknown said...

yeah, learned alot from the job...very hard la for me =P

 
At 6:38 AM , Blogger Robbstar said...

woo... U are hard to train.... wahhahaha jsut kiddin but I must admit U are kinda well.... can't pick up things fast enough.... oh yeah yeah experience

last tiem got customer sit from 6 somethign until liek 9.30 aish.. they were a couple...

 
At 4:25 PM , Blogger - Michelle - said...

customers have their rights to take their own sweet times to sit there... so respect them.. lol

 
At 5:21 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hmpf, nxt time give that customer a tongue lashing! Melcwf gives u the right o do so :P

Well, hope ure better now.
Me and Jaycee will 'protect' you dun worry.
See i always get harrassed from Mikey too. And thats already a form of protection. Haha

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home