Wednesday, January 18, 2006

Late encounter with Mr. R.U.D.E.

Was working as the only floor attendant after Mel went off work. The night went smoothly, and I was so happy I don't have to deal with OOTO (out-of-the-ordinary) customers.

But NO~ fate had to strike me that unfortunate night.

Well, at about 9.15pm according ot my supervisor's watch, 3 customer came to have a late night dinner. One of the customer whose voice I know just too well...

Oh shyt, I thought. It couldn't be...but...oh no....the horrors....

It's him again! Argh! His voice is so loud it's impossible to say that you didn't evesdrop his conversations! Not like I don't evesdrop on customers' conversations =P

So...I had to serve him and his friends that night.
When I took his order, it went something like this:

Me : Are you ready to order?
Him : Oh ah...erm...okay lah, ready.
Me : What would you like to order?
Him : Are you *insert one colleague name here* ?
Me : Hmm? OH no I'm not. She went home already. Her shift was over.
Him : Oh I see...who are you then?
Me : I'm Michelle.
Him : And your surname?
Me : Tan
Him : Oh, so you are Ah Tan lah? *laughs*
Me : Hmm? Excuse me? *clueless*
Him : Harh? You don't understand Ah Tan ah? You Hokkien is it?
Me : No la, I'm Teochew. <------------I lied -_-" I'm really Hokkien but it's none of his business anyway
Him : Oh...Johor ah?
Me : *hesitates* Yeah.
Him : *points at friend* He also from Johor.
Friend #1 : You from where Johor? *insert name of place here* ah?
Me : Err...I'm not sure...
Friend #2 : *laughs*
Him : Ahaha nevermind. Okay I want to order now. Eih, what you want to order ah? *asks Friend #2*
Friend #2 : Fish and Chips lo <-----he orders FnC everytime! Don't get sien wan ah...
Him : Oh, then you leh? *asks Friend #1*
Friend #1 : Oh me ah...lamb shank ah
Him : Okay, the I take Teriyaki Chicken Fillet, but change it to drumstick instead of fillet.
Me : Oh, please giveme a moment to ask my supervisor if that's possible...
Him : Aiyoh no need wan lah! Your Chinese Fried Rice also got, sure got alot of stock wan! No need to ask la
Me : Oh *oi, who owns the cafe, you or my boss harh???* then what would you like to drink then?

I kinda forgot what drinks they ordered. Aih. Nevermind, skip that. I felt that sometimes, customers get abit overboard with the waiter/waitress' personal details. I feel so penetrated! Unless he is my close friend, then I won't mind, but this is ridiculous!

Oh by the way, I actually drew a picture about this situation here :

Ridiculous, I know. This is the reason why this post was peding for so long. Needed to get the scanner plugged.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home