Friday, August 12, 2005

Haze. Schools close.

Classes are cancelled today. Haze. Yesterday as Neeraa and I were walking through the cafeteria, we were greeted at the counter by the staff, who wore masks! Imagine, only a handful of students wear masks, so we were very surprised, but they are wise to do that.

KDU building isn't covered up, so the polluted air could(and has already) reach into the cafeteria, the long corridor, the elevator area, the open carpark(duhh!), and oh, every single floor in the building. Except the fourth floor. Unless someone is stupid enough to open the window, like me(oops!).

Luckily, most of my classes are held on the fourth floor. The floor is currently free from the haze. After walking a few days in the haze, even with my hand cupped over my mouth and nose, I'm starting to experience a slight headache and sore throat. It has really gotten this bad, the haze.

Even when there was a haze last time the situation wasn't as bad as this. But somehow I'm happy classes are cancelled ^_^ Can stay home and loaf :D

Was supposed to watch the new movie, Bewitched starring Nicole Kidman and Will Farrell today with Neeraa and Induu. In the end, since we had no class today, the plan was cancelled, and I've already booked the tickets! Luckily it was online booking, if I had gotten the tickets itself I would have to watch it with my sisters.

During a conversation on the phone yesterday with Neeraa, she told me the government "ishytiharkan darurat". Huah. I don't remember whether they did do that when there was haze last time.

The only time i remember when they ishytiharkan darurat was the May 13th 1963 incident. I wasn't literally there but I studies it in history lesson years ago. For those who doesn't know what's ishytiharkan darurat, it's when the government announces that schools would be closed(depends), and people are encouraged not to go out because of bad conditions. In the current condition, it's the haze.

The black shawl that I am working on, I had it redone 4 times because I had often made a mistake in the number of stitches! Worst, as I had already say, it's black, so I have difficulty knitting, but I shall try to anyway. I had to cut off some yarn when it got tangled up....sob...wasted some yarn already :'(

So this is all the crap I wanna say today, nothing new, besides getting my room repainted after more than 10 years! ^^

1 Comments:

At 5:52 PM , Blogger Unknown said...

wat the hell???

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home