Saturday, January 01, 2005

Bring out the old year, and bring in the new year

It's 10 minutes to new year. Woah, I just came back from my friend, Ng Corny's birthday party. Her birthday happened to fall on New Year's Eve. Then, supposed to go yum cha with some people but the plan was cancelled in the end. That's about it for now. On Monday, I have to be at KDU pretty early because they're having loads of things to do there, like Regitring new students for the upcoming intake, then college tour, then some seminar on stuff, and some other things. This afternoon I took out all my how-to-study-while-you're-in-college books and looked through them. I don't really recall how I got those books in the beginning, maybe from my cousins and uncle. Maybe...
My streamyx connecion is still having problems. For instance, like now, I'm actually doing the typing offline instead. The connection keeps going on then going off and this is really getting on my nerves.
Ever since the earthquake and tsunami happened, the goverment cancelled all new year celebrations in Malaysia to help the victim of the earthquake and tsunami. Many lives were lost. Many were still not found. Many grieving over their lost love ones. I'm really grateful that I still have my family with me as we live far from the sea parts of Selangor. News reports that 2 people in Selangor died when the tsunami striked. Usually in the sea areas. Now the toll had rised to 44000 dead bodies in Asia.
Now I shall log off, with hopes and prayers so no such tragic incident shall happen again.