Monday, January 03, 2005

First day at college

Yo....first day at college today. I kind of woke up almost late today. Or...at least I thought it was late....I had read the timetable wrongly. The college briefing starts at 10.30, not 10 am. Earlier on was new students registration.During college briefing session, a woman told us about the college facilities, club and activities, help centres, and other things we need to know.
Then she introduced the deans and some toerh important people in the college. After that, we had this sort of project to raise funds for the tsunami victims.
We got split up into groups. School of Hospitality and Tourism and Culinary Arts to-be students were put into their own group, same as the School of Sciences. Then, those who are entering Pre-U(like me) are to be in their own group. The Pre-U group, since it consists of students who are entering A-Levels, Foundation and so on and so forth, is really large. I mean, it's larger than the other two groups. After that, with Rachel as leader, started to think of ways to collect funds. It was an excruciatingly long time.
Then, at 12 pm, went to lunch with Rachel; and another of her friend(I don't want to spell the name in case I got it wrong and she slice me >.<) at DJ Cafe. After lunch, went back to KDU and upstairs to the fourth floor(very hiiiiigh!) and had this short briefing about the courses. I'll be the only one studying Foundation in Business. Rachel and her friend are in Foundation in Science. I'm gonna be so alone.....sigh....Then there's a counsel student who became our tour guide and took us around the college. The college has a bookstore of it's own, and 4 restaurants and cafes.
Oh by the way, I forgot to mention, I saw Devandra, Wearn Cheah, Kai Mun, and Rachel, and her friend, and this another friend of Wearn Cheah who's from Sarawak.
Now, I'm sitting here typing this blog offline because my streamyx is having problems again...I'll try to get it back on, don't worry. And my leg hurts from walking around so much in college today.
Tomorrow it's gonna be another long day...I'd better ciao now, it's getting late.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home